Numbers 15:1–5, 17–21 – “Trust at the Crossroads” – Kerry Kaino
Questions for Reflection
1. In what ways might a burnt offering result in an aroma pleasing to the Lord (verses 2-3)? What does that offering say about the kind of relationship the Lord desired with the people of Israel?
2. How might entering into the Promised Land and settling down there affect the relationship between the Lord and the people of Israel?
3. When you think of what is referred to as a Promised Land, what might it be like to live there? Peaceful? Delightful? Challenging? Fearful?
4. In verse 20, what is the significance of the emphasis on “from the first”? If not “from the first”, what else might the people of Israel have presented to the Lord?
5. What do we offer to the Lord today?