Ecclesiastes 5:1–7 – “Religion is not Enough” – Kerry Kaino
1. There are a number of references in various forms to “the words of our mouths” in these verses. What do you see as the point of this emphasis?
2. There are many reasons why our gatherings for worship each week ought to be highlights of the week for us. Why then do you think Ecclesiastes calls us to “guard our steps” when we do so (verse 1)?
3. Why might the calls to “listen” (verse 1) and to “fear God” (verse 7) be answers to help us experience meaningful worship?
4. What connections, if any, do you see between these verses and James 1:19-27?
5. What is one thing you can do to help you move toward more deeply experiencing meaningful worship? Meaningful living?