Matthew 5:43–48 – “Love Your Enemy” – Kerry Kaino
1. What makes someone an enemy?
2. For those to whom Jesus was speaking in Matthew 5, in His “Sermon on the Mount”, who would have been identified as enemies?
3. Who were Jesus’ enemies? In what ways can we see Jesus demonstrating love for His enemies?
4. What might “love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you” look like in our own lives? In what ways should love also be wise?
5. What are some things we can do which can help us step toward the kind of love and prayer that Jesus call us to have? In what ways is this for our own good?