Matthew 6:19–21 – “Things” – Kerry Kaino
1. Would you rather go to Disneyland, the Grand Canyon, or the Mall of America? Why? Which place do you think had more visitors in 2011?
2. Describe both the benefits and dangers of wealth. Which do you think is addressed more in the Bible?
3. What is your reaction to this quote by G.K. Chesterton. “There are two ways to get enough: one is to accumulate more and more, the other is to desire less.”
4. What are indications that we might have accumulated too many things? What are some lifestyle changes that a person could make in response to over-accumulating?
5. What are some ways we can use our “things” to give glory to God?