Matthew 5:14–16 – “Arise and Shine” – Kerry Kaino
1. What are some situations or times in life when you experienced the effect of a light is strikingly noticeable? What made that light stand out?
2. In what ways was Jesus the light of the world while He was with His disciples? In the midst of the crowds? Among His enemies? On the cross? What does that say about how we are the light of the world in our various situations of life?
3. What limits the light of our lives from shining brightly?
4. What is the significance of the words, “You are the light of the world”, in contrast to “You are to be the light of the world” or “You have the light of the world”?
5. Reflect on Isaiah 60:1 … “Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD rises upon you.” In what ways are the images and themes of this verse similar or different from those in Matthew 5:14-16?
6. What can help you to shine more brightly?