Mark 14:17–19 – “His Knowing” – Kerry Kaino
1. Jesus and His disciples were reclining at a table to share the Passover Meal. What do you remember about the significance of the Passover Meal?
2. In what ways is it ironic that Jesus speaks about betrayal in the context of the Passover Meal, especially the betrayal of Him who the disciples looked at as the Messiah?
3. What do you think about the response of each of the disciples, "Surely you don’t mean me?" Do you see that response as more of a question, a declaration, a denial, or something else?
4. What is your response to God’s word which says, “ or all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23) … and "If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us." (1 John 1:8).
5. If we listen and receive God’s word, in contrast to resist it, where does it leave us? What are we left with? What is our hope?