Matthew 27:57–61 – “In the Tomb” – Kerry Kaino
1. If the crucifixion of Jesus on a cross was the worst nightmare for His disciples, in what ways did the body of Jesus being wrapped in a clean linen cloth and placed in a tomb convey even more the weight of finality.
2. What words come to mind when you try to describe what the followers of Jesus felt on Saturday, the day after Jesus was crucified and placed in the tomb?
3. For the disciples, the tomb is full. Their lives are empty. When have you had similar experiences?
4. During those times, in what ways can you identify with the words of David in Psalm 28:1 …
To you, LORD, I call;
you are my Rock,
do not turn a deaf ear to me.
For if you remain silent,
I will be like those who go down to the pit.
5. In what ways is our faith expressed when we join David in verse 2 of that psalm?
Hear my cry for mercy
as I call to you for help,
as I lift up my hands
toward your Most Holy Place.