John 13:1–5 – “Soaking the Feet” – J. P. Kang
1. What acts of self-care are most refreshing to you? What makes such activities so enjoyable? How are physical and emotional-spiritual well-being connected for you?
2. When have you been able to show someone else indulgent hospitality? In what ways do you experience God’s love overflowing to you and others through such occasions?
3. In setting aside his robe, Jesus symbolically lays down his life. What might we learn from his example about the ways we can extend hospitality to one another?
4. In washing his disciples’ feet, Jesus is both exalted host and humble servant. Again, how can we imitate Jesus’ radical hospitality?
5. How does practicing hospitality help us persevere in our journey of discipleship?