John 15:5–9 – “Always Connected” – Kerry Kaino
1. What is Jesus saying to His disciples by claiming to be the “true vine” in which they should remain/abide?
2. How does the imagery of “the vine” and “the branches” describe the relationship between Jesus and His followers? What is expected of the branches?
3. What are some important ways in which we “remain/abide” in Jesus?
4. What does it mean to “bear fruit”? Why is it important to God that we be fruitful people?
5. To what does Jesus compare His love for the disciples? What adjectives would you use to describe this kind of love? How can we grow in our awareness of His love?
6. What can we learn from this Scripture passage about friendship with Jesus?