John 18:15–27 – “Stumble and Fall” – Kerry Kaino
1. What do you think Peter and “the other disciple” (presumably John) hoped to accomplish by gaining access to the high priest’s courtyard (verses 15-16)?
2. Remember Peter’s strong declaration of loyalty in 13:37, and his action of defending Jesus in 18:10. What do you think led to the change in Peter’s response as revealed in 18:17, 25-26?
3. What feelings must Peter have had after the rooster crowed?
4. What feelings are stirred within you as you reflect upon the denial of Peter in these verses? Fear? Humility? Sadness? Empathy? Encouragement?
5. In what ways are we like or unlike Peter?