John 19:16b-22, 28-30 – "When the Music Stops" – Kerry Kaino
1. Consider John’s description of Jesus’ death in verses 28-30. If you had personally witnessed these things, what would you say about the way Jesus died?
2. What did Jesus mean when He said with His dying breath, “It is finished?”
3. Why do you think John inserted (verses 35-37) his own affirmation of the events on Golgotha, and also the testimony of the Scriptures (Exodus 12:46 & Numbers 9:12, and Zechariah 12:10)?
4. Consider the fact that John devotes one-third of his gospel (chapters 13-19) to events which took place during a single 24 hour period. What does this suggest about the importance he attached to these events? What has this emphasis brought to your understanding of who Jesus is and what He means to you?
5. As you reflect on these verses, what thoughts, feelings, words or other reactions are stirred within you?