2 Corinthians 8:9 – "Knowing the Grace-full God" – Kerry Kaino
Questions for Reflection:
9 For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich.
1. In what ways did Jesus become poor for you?
2. In what ways does the world’s definition of rich and poor differ from the definition found in the Kingdom of God?
3. In what ways are the rich poor, and the poor rich?
4. In what ways has the grace-full God made a difference in your life?
5. In what ways have you seen a deficiency of grace in the world around us?
6. In what ways can we follow the model of Jesus Christ to become poor in this world?
7. Reflect upon some of the grace-deficient areas of your life. Envision your life becoming more and more open to the grace of God. What does that change in you? In what ways does that change the way you live in the world?
8. What concrete steps can you take that will position yourself to be better able to receive God’s grace?
9. Reflect upon the following quote:
In a world that paradoxically does not seem to be becoming a safer place despite so-called advancements in technology, when our public discourse seems damaged beyond repair, when greed seems more powerful than grace, when death seems more powerful than life, we need the wisdom and grace of God in Christ to reassure us and remind us who we are and whose we are. It is in that knowledge that we can find life, freedom, integrity, and the only safety that ultimately matters. – Pastor J. P.