Luke 1:46–56 – "Unwrapping Grace" – Kerry Kaino
Questions for Reflection:
1. This song of Mary arose out of the context of Luke 1:26-45. Read those verses. What might have been some of the experiences and emotions with which Mary erupted into song?
2. Who/what is the focus of the song? What evidence leads you to that conclusion?
3. What is one great thing you would like the Lord to do for you (verse 49)? Read verses 51-55. We know that God has all power, yet we often experience the opposite of what we seek for the Lord to do in and around our lives. How can we reconcile our less-than-desired experiences in life with our declarations of who God is and what He is able to do?
4. Given the full spectrum of what we experience in our lives, with highs and lows … how can we then still sing, “My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior …”?
5. In these days leading up to Christmas, seek to awaken to at least one time each day when you can sing some the words of Mary’s song.