Testimony by Ann Sakaguchi
James 2:5–13 – "Loving to be Rich" – Kerry Kaino
Questions for Reflection:
1. What thoughts come to your mind when you think of the rich? The poor?
2. James mentions “favoritism” in verse 9. He is referring to the behavior of people, even those within the church, as they react and interact with the rich and the poor. Why do you think it was important for James to address this issue?
3. What good can the rich do in the world? The poor?
4. In what ways can the “poor in the eyes of the world” be “rich in faith” (verse 5)? Is this always the case? If not, why not? What, then, are the qualities that we all need to have within us if we seek to be “rich in faith”?
5. What keys to being “rich in faith” are found in Matthew 5:3 and Luke 6:20?