Psalm 51:1–12 – "Create in Me" – Kerry Kaino
Questions for Reflection:
1. Read verse 4. Why would David confess to the Lord God, “Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight”, when clearly he has committed adultery? What about his sin towards Bathsheba and his wife (wives), and towards Uriah?
2. What imagery does David include throughout this psalm to bring his prayer to life?
3. Describe the kind of faith that is behind the prayer, “Create in me a pure heart”. What is this prayer seeking?
4. In what ways does David describe the joy and gratitude that can be found when mercy is shown toward him and he is forgiven?
5. Reflect on ways in which this Psalm can become your own prayer.