Psalm 19:7–14 – "Staying on the Trail" – Kerry Kaino
Questions for Reflection:
1. What are the “rules of the trail” when one is hiking in a national park?
2. What is the role of the “law of the Lord” (Psalm 19:7) for our lives? In what ways is it “perfect”? In what ways might we respond to it that are less than perfect?
3. What do you think of the prophet Isaiah’s words (Isaiah 29:13) …
The Lord says:
“These people come near to me with their mouth
and honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
Their worship of me
is based on merely human rules they have been taught.
4. What relevance might Isaiah’s words have for us in the manner of our own living?
5. In what ways can we experience God’s perfect law to be lifegiving; “refreshing” (v. 7) … “giving joy” (v. 8)?