November 9, 2021
As we prepare for in-person worship starting this Sunday, November 14 at 9:30 AM (with Zoom continuing for fully remote live participation and interaction), below is a list of recommendations from the medical team for the congregation as well as instructions for how to register for in-person worship. A longer list of recommendations have been prepared for the staff and those who will be helping out with the service.
This is all uncharted territory for us all, so we will proceed with caution, knowing that there will be bumps along the road, but our focus is on safety for our congregation. Please contact Brian Kumasaka if you have any questions or suggestions.
Pastor J. P.
• Because space at church will be limited, folks who wish to attend service in person need to register by 5 PM the Thursday before the service. Only those who have registered and received confirmation from the church office will be allowed into the building.
• Registration can be done online or by phone (206-323-5990).
• That Sunday, remember to answer the self-screening questions listed below to determine whether it is okay to attend the service.
• We will begin with a maximum of 30 attendees (plus about 10 worship leaders and helpers) on a first-come, first-served basis. The number will adjust depending on health conditions and as we gain more experience with in-person worship.
• For the safety of our congregation, we strongly recommend vaccinations for Covid.
SELF-SCREENING QUESTIONS: Prior to leaving for a service, review these two questions. If the answer to either of them is yes, we ask that you and your entire household remain at home and join the service via Zoom.
- In the past 48 hours, have you or anyone in your household experienced any of the following symptoms?
New loss of taste or smell
New onset of fatigue and/or muscle aches
New onset of dizziness
Nausea, vomiting, and/or diarrhea
Congestion or runny nose
Cough, sore throat
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Fever or chills
- In the past 2 weeks, have you or anyone in your household had close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19? A close contact is anyone who was within 6 feet of an infected person for a total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period (for example, three individual 5-minute exposures for a total of 15 minutes).
DURING THE SERVICE
• Please use hand sanitizer when entering and leaving the building.
• Attendees must be masked, distanced, and unfortunately, give no handshakes or hugs.
• Those preaching and leading singing may unmask.
• Children are welcome, but should be able to remain seated for the whole service so we can maintain distancing. If during the service it turns out that a child is unable to do so, we ask that they exit the building with the adult(s) who have brought them.
• Singing will be with masks.
• For the time being, we will meet only for the worship service. This means that
—We will not have fellowship time or church school.
—No drinks or food should be consumed (sorry, no Starbucks during worship) except on Sundays when we take communion, which will be distributed in prepackaged form (disposable sealed cup and wafer).
—Offerings will not be taken in person (please continue to use mail or electronic methods of giving).
• Attendees should dress appropriately because windows and doors will be open for ventilation.
• Bathrooms may be used by one person at a time.
• Please exit the building as soon as the service ends.
• Please fill out the electronic post-service survey to help us improve the way in-person services are held.
• Please notify the church office if any household members develop symptoms and/or test positive within 48 hours after service.